Category: Wachau

  • Nikolaihof Wachau

    The precincts of Nikolaihof still contain remains of the Roman stronghold of Favianis and the early Christian Agapit basilica, where in A.D. 985 a synod was convened on the authority of Bishop Pilgrim of Passau. In 1075 the earlier property became the central administrative headquarters of the Passau monastery. Originally called St Nikola, the present-day…