5 Organic Wines Win Grand Gold Medals at BioFach 2010Posted by Adam Morganstern on Feb 23, 2010 in Features
After tasting 622 wines from 19 different countries, an international jury awarded 5 organic wines Grand Gold medals at BioFach 2010 in Nürnberg, Germany. These MUNDUSvini BioFach International Organic Wine awards went to:
- 2008 Lieserer Rosenlay Riesling Spätlese Feinherb, Weingut Hubertushof GbR, Lieser (Mosel), Germany
- 2008 Stülb Gelber Muscateller edelsüß, Weingut Stülb, Zell (Mosel), Germany
- 2003 San Michele a Torri Vinsanto Colli del’Etruria Centrale DOC, Fattoria San Michele a Torri s.r.l., Scandicci, Italy
- 2006 Vougeot 1er Cru Clos Blanc de Vougeot Monopole, Domaine de la Vougeraie, Premeaux Prissey, France
- 2006 Welschriesling Trockenbeerenauslese, Bio Weingärtnerei Artner, Göttlesbronn, Austria
In all, 220 organic wines were awarded medals, including 70 Gold and 145 Silver. Italy received the most medals with 63. Germany netted 41 awards, France received 26 and Austria won 17.
A complete list of winners can be found here.